Connecting with a Confused Loved One Who is in hospice care
- Look at your loved one, talk unhurriedly, and use short sentences
- Give step by step clarifications while assisting with things like changing clothes, taking a bath, and exchanging bed linens
- Give your loved one time to respond to your statements
- Tell them who you are, what you are doing and why
- Stay in close proximity of your loved one while talking, and touch them during your chat if fitting
What have you found helpful? Let us know below or contact us at 918-745-0222.